This year 2019 was one of the craziest Hot Wheels year to date! I was a little shallow for some time due to lack of detailed car and lack of supply and so on! But this year 2019 turned out to be a exceptional year for me and I ended up adding over 450 cars to my collection!! Thanks to Hot Wheels importers and Facebook group filled with enthusiastic and passionate members who help me get some of the rare cars this year. This is a compiled post to show off My Top 10 Hot Wheels released this year… this is my personal favorites and not a result of a study/poll! To keep things simple I only picked the mainline released this year!
Before we get into the count down lets start with some cars worth mentioning… Here we go. Tesla is one of my favorite electric car and this we got three Tesla model in Hot Wheels mainline and this “Tesla Model 3” is a new casting and packed with details like painted headlamp, taillights and cool paint job. The beige interior and translucent roof is worth mentioning!
“96 Porsche Carrera” is an exceptional car and Hot Wheels did an exceptional job get it to us in not one color but in two color… I personally liked the blue but the white is equally cool, these cars comes with painted headlamp and taillight along with clean badges front and back. It should have made it to the top 10 but because we had some many super awesome car, this couldn’t cut it!
I am a big time James Bond fan and love every car that is featured in the movies. Just like bond I like Aston Martin but some time like to have something crazier like this “71 Mustang Mach 1” from the movie “Diamons are Forever” I got it the first chance I got and loving it every single day!
Just like other cars so far this “Honda Civic Type R” lost its place in top 10 just because of intense competition otherwise this is an exceptional car with great detailing and tow colors to choose from. It only lost plot to some other European exotic contenders. Lets Start the countdown… Shall we!
10. McLaren Senna: McLaren Senna is a beautiful car and live up to the name hypercar! This Hot Wheels Mc Laren Senna is a great cast loved and hated by hell a lot of collectors! I love it for great casting with some keen details and a little disappointed because of the headlamp details, which is totally missed, so the tenth place, just with headlamp details this would be sitting in top five!
9. Lamborghini Reventon Roadster: As my regulars would know I am a big Lamborghini fan and this Reventon Roadster is a looker by every mean. I personally liked the white with red and green strips but the green is good too! The cast is awesome and the shut lines are carved nicely, which are enhanced in the white than the green!
8. Aston Martin Vulcan: Aston Martin makes some of the sexiest performance cars in the world and this track focused Vulcan is no exception! This green Aston Martin Vulcan is a great car with some kick a$s details the dual share is executed nicely but the detailing part are a bit sketchy (so as the real car) thanks to the need for speed moto!
7. Land Rover Series III Pickup: Just like any other Indian I like big brute SUV, I like old boxy off-roader and this LR Series III Pickup fits the bill perfectly, also it is red so an added bonus there. This Land Rover comes packed with all kind of details like the spare wheel in the trunk, white roof, big raised profile and headlamp and taillight tampos. All that got this classic yet capable off-roader this prestigious seventh place.
6. Bugatti Chiron: This Bugatti Chiron definitely deserves a special award that is “Best Cast, Worst Execution” yeah this is the most sorted car of this year but when I got it in hand I was deeply upset! The casting is great and captured most of the signature details of the body work but thats where it all ends! Except for the silver arc and Bugatti logo in the front grill, there is no other details of sorts, which is very disappoint so the lower rank.
5. 17 Nissan GT-R (R35) – Guaczilla: Now we reach our top five and the tip is secured by a our very own Guaczilla. This 17 Nissan GT-R (R35) looks crazy in Tanner Fox green and black livery. This GT-R also comes loaded with some deep details like the headlamps, grill highlights and vent in the hood and even the DRL to list a few. Only detail I want more is the tail light details, which would have gotten this Japanese performance car a higher spot.
4. 16 Lamborghini Centenario Roadster: Lamborghini makes some kick as$ car that not only go fast but also look dope and this Centenario Roadster is one great example. Hot Wheels did an exceptional job and I love it every bit, it comes with a smooth aerodynamic body, accurate paint finish and cool tampos along with those sharp diffuser front and back all worked together to put this Lamborghini in this spot.
3. Audi RS5 Coupe: Audi RS6 Avant was one of my favorite car Hot Wheels released last year and this year they blew my mind by giving me this fantastic Audi RS5 Coupe with all sorts of bells and whistles. The headlamp are detailed so as the rear tail lights, rear view mirror and even it has readable license plate.
2. Range Rover Velar: Seeing is believing, so take a look at this beauty and believe what Hot Wheels has achieved in this small scale Velar. This Range Rover Velar is by far the best work till the Jaguar came up in Q case to take the top place. For many collector this Range Rover Velar is the best but I like bright colors so gave Jag a heads up otherwise its a tie!
1. Jaguar XE SV Project 8: And the Winner is this bright orange Jaguar XE SV Project 8 that came in Q case and took my world by storm! As mentioned earlier apart from this Jag is equally detailed as the Velar but the bright orange color kind of enhances the details far better than the silver velar giving this British beauty an extra edge. Hope you had fun reading through my list. Happy New Year.